Театральная компания Sputnik и Theatre 503 в Latchmere показывают свое видение России через серию коротких спектаклей. Участвуют российские и британские авторы.
24 – 28 June, 7:45 pm.
A country of contradictions. Democracy and oppression, beauty and terror, oligarchs and outcasts.
A country that birthed Tolstoy, Chekhov, Mayakovsky and Pussy Riot.
A bridge and a barrier between the East and the West that enriches the whole world’s culture as powerfully as it challenges it.
This is Russia.
But what is this extraordinary country really like now and how do we feel its ripples on our tiny island nation?
Sputnik has commissioned two Russian playwrights, Nina Belenitskaya and Evgeny Kazachkov, to write short plays, for a week of performances at Theatre 503 on the theme of Russia today. Their plays will be running along with five short plays by British playwrights, selected by Theatre 503.
- 5 Drunken Calls From a Woman in Yalta by Steve Waters, directed by Lisa Cagnacci
Cast: Daisy Ashford
- Ostrov by Ailís Ní Ríain, directed by Sarah Davey-Hull
Cast: Elicia Daly, Samuel Caseley
- Interrogation by Dominic Cavendish, directed by Will Wrightson
Cast: Lawrence Werber
- The Sounds of Silence by Nina Belenitskaya, translated by Noah Birksted-Breen, directed by Saul Reid
Cast: Rose Akroyd, Ben Bland, Jodie Hay, Oliver Kennedy, Aidan Casey, Lydea Perkins
- Poking the Bear by Chris Bush, directed by Yasmeen Arden
Cast: Aled Pedrick, Guy Warren Thomas, Faith Knight, Lilian Schiffer, Oliver Forsyth, Kevin Potton
- Start-up by Evgeny Kazachkov, translated by Elizabeth Moore, directed by Tom Latter
Cast: Daniel Tyler-Smith, James Harrison, Richard Costello
- Bilanka Cosmos by Charlotte Coates, directed by Anna Mors
Cast: Oliver Yellop, Joel Gorf, Tanya Munday
- Deep Roots by Stuart Slade, directed by Dan Pick
Cast: Graham O’Mara
Theatre503 at The Latchmere
503 Battersea Park Road
London SW11 3BW
Theatre503 is above the Latchmere Pub on the corner of Latchmere Road and Battersea Park Road.
Sloane Square then bus 319
South Kensington then bus 49 or 345
Vauxhall then bus 344
Rail: Clapham Junction (5 mins from Victoria or 7 mins from Waterloo) take Grant Road exit, then bus 49, 319, 344 or 345
Bus: 44, 49, 319, 344, 345 all stop outside the Latchmere
Car: Free local parking after 6pm